Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sucky October

October sucks.

I love my kids, my fellow teachers, & my school, but I am tired. I'm tired of not yielding fabulous test results, not being the greatest teacher to walk the planet, not having perfectly perfect lesson plans created each day, etc. I mean, are my expectations completely unreasonable??

Yes, yes they are...at least, they are for me, a first-year teacher with no background in education.

Fort Worth ISD math assessment grades - class average was a 53% :(

I've come to the realization that teaching is a combination of 1)experience, 2) fabulous organizational skills, & 3) great internalization/knowledge of the content being taught. I'll get there.

Focusing on my strengths in the classroom has helped keep me more positive. I've been adorning my classroom with TCU decor, investing my students in their future by talking about college & "dream" job goals. I'm bonding with my students; I care deeply for them, & I *think* they are beginning to connect with me.

Thank goodness October is almost over.

Fantastic 5 - method used for math word problems
some classroom rules...
TCU investment
Trying to reach that high level of blooms!
Name tags for desks
Goals-oriented behavior management tracker
class goals poster
goals are placed on every test :)

No comments:

Post a Comment