Monday, May 7, 2012

The beginning


"Our vision is that one day, all children in this nation will have the opportunity to attain an excellent education."

In 28 days I will officially begin my journey as a 2012 TFA Corps member within the DFW metroplex. In 4 days, I will be a college graduate...& at this moment, I am filled with excitement & nerves.

I've just finished my last college exam, and reality is sinking in. I am going to be an elementary school teacher in a bilingual classroom - but did I mention I've never taught a class? Right now, the image of 20 plus students calling me "Ms. Castro" is super intimidating - but it also puts a smile on my face.

In hopes of capturing the ups & downs, the challenges and life lessons learned, I've made this blog for not only friends & family, but also myself. I love documenting experiences - as I learned while studying abroad - & know that this new chapter in life will be equally as unique as the past ones.

Follow along as I discover life as a graduate, teacher, & TFA corps member...cheers to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment