Friday, June 1, 2012

Do I Look Like a Teacher?

Ever since I joined TFA, I've been in constant fear that I won't be able to look like a teacher...after all, what does a teacher really look like?

My friends make fun of me for having this fear because it seems so silly - but in my opinion, I need to look the part to act the part! So here is my shopping guide for what is required of me to wear (this will be my only attempt at fashion advice, as it is not my forte, haha).

***Shout out to Daniel Silverman for the photos!

Teach For America requirements for training

Professional Attire


Professional attire includes a full-blown suit - which I found are NOT cheap. If you are like me & are on a budget, make sure you check out your nearest outlet mall. After much searching, I struck gold at  Banana Republic in Grapevine Mills. Suit sets at the regular BR store are generally $300+, but I got these 3 pieces for $120. How I've made it this far in life without an actual suit is still a wonder to me...

Business Casual


 Business casual is essentially professional attire, but without the heavy jacket. My favorite store, J. Crew,  offers a 15% discount for students at its outlet (also at Grapevine Mills), allowing me to frequent the store without completely busting my wallet.

 Snappy Casual


 I have actually never heard of snappy casual before TFA, & the name of this wear always cracks me up. Nonetheless, here is my attempt at snappy casual. Dress is from Target & cardigan is from the Gap outlet.

Casual


Casually being casual. Shirt from J. Crew, pants from Gap. Bandolino Eugenie Loafers can be found at DSW here.

5 comments:

  1. You look like a super cute teacher! I know you'll be everyone's favorite! Good luck, Bianca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look more like a teacher than I do! Super cute outfits :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm personally a big fan of theteachingb blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  4. A round of applause for your blog article.Thanks Again. Awesome.
    Photo Retouching Services

    ReplyDelete