Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today is the Day!

Induction at SMU started TODAY, & I am here with a happy heart & full of excitement! Also, the fact that I passed my TExES exam helped make the day even better =]

Although my morning started out a bit rough, I made it to Dallas on time at 9 a.m. As soon as I arrived at SMU, I found past & present TFA corps members parading around campus with signs, greeting all the new members...felt like I was starting freshman year all over again!

After check-in, I moved into my dorm room. I think Milton Daniel at TCU spoiled me a bit, because McElvaney Hall at SMU is just not as cool :P

My room! But my roommate was a no-show :(
I think I have a handicap room, it's enormous!

HUGE closet
This binder holds my life schedule for the week
I made some friends, ate some yummy food, & learned more about Teach for America's mission and involvement in DFW.

Our "lecture" room
Tomorrow I meet with Fort Worth ISD principals & have the possibility of finding out where I'll be teaching - *fingers crossed!*
"Milk & cookies" with our mentors for the evening

"If not you, who? If not now, when?"
"YOU are the movement."

No comments:

Post a Comment