Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prepare

I finally visited my school, T.A. Sims Elementary, & could not be more thrilled to begin working. The school is just the right size, the faculty & staff are super friendly, & the school seems to be very cohesive & united.

I will be one of the five 4th grade instructors, & one of the three dual language instructors within that team. A tentative school day is as follows:
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - School breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Reading (120 min)
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Reading MINDS
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Writing (120 min)
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Lunch
12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Math
1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Teacher Conference
2:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. - Math
3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Bilingual Centers
3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Science

I will be teaching reading/writing in both Spanish & English (50/50), math in English, and science in Spanish (twice a week). My school day is much longer than most, as we participate in extended days.

This week & next week I am participating in Fort Worth ISD teacher orientation. My district is wonderful!

T.A. Sims Elementary
Teach For America assignments
Teach For America was lucky to receive a huge donation from Cengage Learning. To show our appreciation, many DFW 2012 Corps Members attended the Cengage Rise & Shine Event...which began at 5:45 a.m. in Dallas for participants! 

TFA Corps at Rise & Shine
 The event was themed Michael Jackson...it was interesting!


In my free time, I explore Fort Worth...

Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth
 ...but my future class is constantly on my mind :)

Goal: Teach WITH Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment