Monday, August 6, 2012

Test, Test, Test

Post-institute life has been filled with tests, paperwork, & orientation. Besides the tests, I've enjoyed the free time, which has allowed me to road trip to Colorado & settle home in Fort Worth.

Another thing that has happened post-institute: I got an RT (retweet) from the Teach For America Twitter account! For a social media queen, this was really exciting to me. Haha.

Check out that #1 tweet!
Test 1: The Bilingual Supplemental tests your knowledge about how bilingual education came to be in the U.S., as well as best practices for a bilingual classroom.
I wore my Nike Olympics tank for good luck to my
bilingual supplemental test..
...& good thing, because it helped me pass! Performed like a champ.
Test 2: The Language Proficiency Test (LPT) checks oral & written proficiency in both English & Spanish. It ended up being a bit more difficult to me than expected...

Doormat outside of the testing site.
My Fort Worth ISD new team member pin I received at orientation.
I moved into my house in Fort Worth! My room contains only the
essentials - a bed & shelf. Still on the lookout for a desk & dresser!
The Fort Worth Stockyards. YEEHAW.

No comments:

Post a Comment